TSLA Split Issues. Anyone Else?

@GrowleyMonster I’m an attorney, but not in the securities or banking field. I read a disclaimer about service interruption from Alapca/Quantconnect. Additionally, we know the risks of algo trading. I’m sure some arguments could be made on our behalf though. I know Robinhood had a major hiccup a couple of months ago and they paid out reimbursements. Maybe we get the same?

being that I would have bought a lot of TSLA stock at 444…and its 472…it just sucks, lol

I was just able to sell

YES
trades back up!

Thanks!

YES!!! I was able to get out!

It is showing as tradeable again in my TradingView interface so I didn’t lose anything, it’s still going up the way TSLA just goes up. But I was not trading algorithmically at all. Anyway no loss. But this could have gone badly and upset some folks who are trusting these guys with their money. Thanks for chiming in.

1 Like

NOW it would be nice to be able to quickly see what my equity and position value are. Hopefully that will all get fixed today. I am showing a -$44k loss on my P/L LOL! So I guess they are chipping away at it, a little at a time.

WOW all i can say is im happy ill never play with tesla or apple stock, penny stock for life. i just want to ask one thing, why do you think you’d make money from a split or for that matter a reverse split… i go top gainers (signal) all day and i made profit today. a modest amount hey its better then a loss.

@kris, if it is working for you, don’t change a thing until it stops working for you. A modest but steady profit will getcha there. Half a percent per day, every day, and 140 days will double your account.

Everything looks back to normal, finally. Just sold my TSLA shares, both in Alpaca and IB. Nice gain for the day, put me up over PDT threshhold finally. But this could have gone badly.

1.70% today (today was a bad day) 5.20% unseen pl

1 Like

Well, that’s a fine day. Nothing modest about that, if it is consistent. That’s pretty good. Most days I don’t make that. Today was just an exceptional day, not same ol, same ol.

in december i decided to ditch my open source platform to focus on private efforts
my day gains in a week look something like (D1:1%, D2:14%, D3:1%, D4:48%)
just ran through a week of live emulation (paper trading) i just went live about 2 weeks ago its looking good so far keeping my fingers crossed, it looks like for anyone to day trade you really need to keep an eye on the SPY index

Indeed, @kris. SPY or QQQ or any solid symbol to at a glance tell you the market direction so you can run with the flow instead of against it. Honestly when it is running solidly up or down either one, you could almost pick 20 stocks at random and play them long or short according to the market sentiment expressed by the index. When you try to go against the market, the going gets pretty tough and there are more ways for your code to curse you than bless you. I am almost always trading long positions and I simply don’t trade when TQQQ is in decline. And you can easily use that sentiment as an on/off switch with just a couple lines of code.

Wow 48% in a day is pretty awesome. Just watch out for the other shoe to drop. Hope you have an automatic full account stop loss built in, so if say your account suffers oh, maybe a 3% loss overall in a day or part of a day, every position gets closed and an alert gets your attention. Maybe an alert at the 1% level.

Paper trading still showing / having the issue with splits. My live trading is fixed though.

The activities endpoint is not returning any results for SSP (“Stock Split”) for TSLA. I intentionally held a share on Friday but the API isn’t working. :frowning:

https://alpaca.markets/docs/api-documentation/api-v2/account-activities/

Note that even “[GET] Get account activities of multiple types” with activity_types unspecified only FILL activities are being reported for my Paper Trading account (though that’s expected for me except for the missing SSP).

This is despite:
“If unspecified, activities of all types will be returned.”

@hitoshi Can you please look into why TSLA stock split information is not showing up in Activities for (at least) Paper?