TSLA Split Issues. Anyone Else?

same here, just updated for me as well

The law is clearly mandating that your shares are 4 and 5 times multiplied in the stock splits of Apple and Tesla respectively.

The market value total is way off for meā€¦way higher than it should be

Looks like it calculating the old value against the new number of stocksā€¦

Iā€™m assuming theyā€™re manually doing all of these alterations server side

yeah I meanā€¦

They want to make sure everything is rightā€¦so they shutdown trading capability to those stocksā€¦then readjust everythingā€¦then turn back on trading?

Iā€™d assuming having trading on to those stocks would make things a nightmare to fix?

1 Like

There. Got my shares. And my equity just jumped up from $2400 to $55k and it is supposed to be like $14k LOL good thing Iā€™m such a nice guy even to screwups like that. Too bad they had to read my last email where I kinda told them how I really felt about it. I think when this trade is all done and all position closed, I am out of this loser brokerage. IB would never let this crap happen, nor any other grownup brokerage. I hope they catch a really big fine or at least one hell of a nastygram from SEC.

Just got a response from support. They said stuff should be fixed? Anyone else have a bigger amount in their market value than they should have?

I dumped all of my other holdings and took a big lost to find out that ā€œTSLA is not a tradable asset.ā€ WTF :confused:

1 Like

Wait, so they are going to turn the trading back on?

I am getting a TSLA not tradeable error every minute. I canā€™t even liquidate manually. Has anyone been able to get out of their position?

Yeah I do. I can live with that, for the moment. But not having my shares after the opening bell was inexcusable. Millennials. Did we drop our babies on their heads too many times, or what?

Not sureā€¦This is what they said:

ā€œCorporate actions can take up to 24 hours to process. However, these should now be reflected in your account.ā€

Didnā€™t answer the TLSA trading issueā€¦just sent a reply.

Iā€™ve watched TSLA go from 444 a share to 466ā€¦sighā€¦

1 Like

I know! Im so sad :frowning:

Alright, so new logic in algo ā€œif stock is splitting this week, do not open positionsā€

@trader7765 LOL thatā€™s amazing

Anyone received anything from support related to being unable to trade TSLA by anychance? Wondering if I need to just start moving money to another accountā€¦

@cslim nothing from twitter or reddit. Still not able to liquidate.

@trader7765 Damnit! Okā€¦I sent another email if I get anything Iā€™ll post here

Okay, NOW I wouldnā€™t mind selling and taking some profit. But I still canā€™t. Any lawyers reading this? Is this actionable? There is of course no guarantee that you will make money or even not lose all your money in the market, but your brokerage shouldnā€™t be the cause of not making money.