Stocks bought for much higher price than reported

Hey everyone, I’ve been paper trading with a script for a few weeks and today encountered a strange error I haven’t seen before. My script purchased 12 shares of WINS, which has been priced in the $30-$50 range lately, and hasn’t gone above $64 in the last year. However, it looks like they were purchased for $150.00 a share. Does anyone know why this may have happened? My script doesn’t buy stocks priced above $50 a share and has never in the past. On top, WINS was never priced anywhere near $150 today (the day I bought). Is there a rule I’m unaware of or is this an unexpected error?

In this screenshot you can see history for WINS, it never skyrocketed to $150 today (and double checked with Yahoo finance). You can see in the bottom right each share was bought for $150.00 flat which seems suspicious to me.
Does anyone know what’s going on here?
Thanks!

1 Like

Did you ever get resolution on this issue? I think I ran into the same one. Charged for more than quoted price in paper trading

I had this happen to me on live trading today, the real market value was $4 per share lower than that I got charged. Why is this happening? I had a look on TradingView and the price there was never that high???

1 Like

@Heiko_Horn was there a stock split? I had something similar happen to me recently but the cause in my case was a stock split. Support@alpaca.markets should be able to give you a definite answer.
If that is the issue, I’m wondering why this keeps occurring at a seemingly out-of-sync date on Alpaca, compared to other brokerages.

In my experience, the paper trading account will understate P&L.

This is (in my opinion) to prevent people from experiencing great results in paper trading then terrible results in live trading.

IMO, it’s better this way, compared to the other way around.