Paper Trading Account Malfunction?

Hey Herd,

So, I’ve been testing an algo bot using the Alpaca Paper Trade account for a couple of weeks and left it running over night last night and woke up to an astonishing +93.84% Equity balance on the account. At first, I was thrilled but then I realized after looking at the trades that this could not be possible. The program itself and the trades on Alpaca match up, but neither explain the +93.84% growth ($1,000 → $1,9384).

The only thing I can think of is if for some reason Alpaca “reset” the account by adding the starting amount to the account? But like I said I have been testing this bot for weeks now and this is not the first time I’ve had it running all night (or all day) but this is certainly the first time something like this has happened…

Anyone have any ideas on why this occurred? Thanks.

It did it again last night… I would really like to know why this is randomly happening. It is kind of interfering with my testing. Anyone?

Did this occur after your reset your paper account? Or on the same paper account instance?

I have reset the paper account throughout testing, but as far as I can tell the issue seems unrelated to that. Both times now it has done it in the middle of the night long after a reset occurred.