Is the unlimited plan really "Unlimited" or is it a "Limited" Calls/Min plan?

On the Market Data home page, you advertise the unlimited plan to have unlimited calls/min (see image below):

But when I sign in to subscribe I noticed that is no longer unlimited and is now limited to 1000 calls/min.

Which one is true? please fix either table for clarity!

1 Like

@EGYXee Sorry for the confusion, and good catch. The “Unlimited” plan has a rate limit of 10,000 calls/min (not 1000). The table in the UI is incorrect. I’ll get that updated.

1 Like

And $99/month is correct too? Last year it was $9/month. That’s a 10x increase. I hope that is a typo…

@davorj The current price for the “Unlimited” market data plan is $99/mo. There was an ‘introductory’ price awhile back of $9/mo but that is no longer available. One isn’t required to use Alpaca data, and can source market data from any of a number of providers including (but not limited to) Intrinio, Polygon, and Xignite. Each has a bit different offering and of course pricing. Check them out before committing to an Alpaca subscription.

Is “Pro” the same as what used to be “Unlimited”? I see both nomenclatures used, but I also see the 1000 API/min limitation.
Unlimited_Screenshot 2023-07-30 131304

Are you able to clarify the API call issue? I’m being told that the plan does not increase API call limit?

Screenshot 2023-08-05 132828 - API Calls Limit

@BRYAN305 Alpaca offers three general “API sets”.

1. Trading APIs (these access account info, submit orders, etc)
  2. Market Data APIs (these access market data such as trades, bars, and quotes.)
  3. Broker APIs (for use by Broker Partners)

The “Algo Trader Plus” Market Data Plan applies only to the Market Data APIs. One can place up to 10000 calls/min to Market Data endpoints. This does not impact the 200 call/min default limit for accessing the Trading APIs.

There are several options for increasing the Trading API rate limit. I see support already got back to you with those options.