Unexpected Loss Discrepancy On Crypto Trades

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an unexpected loss with my recent paper trades and could use some help. Despite calculating my trades and their results carefully, I’m seeing a loss that i did not anticipate. I expected to make a profit, but the results are showing otherwise. I’ve attached a screenshot of my trades for reference.

I have my paper account connected to TradingView. When I manually closed both trades, it showed that I was in profit. Additionally, the sell price on the TradingView chart was significantly higher than my position.

My portofolio says that my loss is around 215 euro

Could someone help me understand why this is occurring? Are there factors I might be missing or mistakes in my calculations? Any insights or tips for resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

@Leo Did you take into account the fees Alpaca charges for trading crypto? Take a look at the docs here.

I didn’t do the math, but the depending upon the type of order, the fees can be .25%. It appears you made 4 trades (ie 2 buys and 2 sells). The BTC trades were about $47,000 and the ETH trades about $9800. The fees would therefore total about (47000+47000+9800+9800) x .0025 or about $284 but then you profited about $50 between the two trades ($66 on BTC and -$16 on ETH) so the net was about $234 or 215 EUR.

Could that be the discrepancy?

Thank you for your help! I didn’t notice those fees for crypto trading before. Have a great day!