Turbotax online for Alpaca Securities not working

Turbotax Premier online has an import your taxes option, however following the instructions to enter my Alpaca account number (from the dashboard, as ask in the form) and my SSN, results in error 103 “That didn’t work. Try signing in again.”

I noticed on the bottom it says ‘Apex’, but my 1099-B states ‘Electronic Transaction Clearing, Inc.’
I haven’t been on Alpaca since early 2020, so if something has changed perhaps this is my answer.

I did attempt the account number on the 1099-B I got, but that also fails.

7 Likes

I had the same issue. No matter how I tried, I could not get turbot tax to work.

1 Like

I feel like it must be pointing at the wrong endpoint for logging on, so I don’t know if this is Alpaca’s error or Turbotax’s.

1 Like

I agree. I am curious if it has something to do with, the login being under alpaca securities and the 1099 having a different name.

1 Like

I also have this same issue. I found something about using apex instead of alpaca securities with 10- then account number but I can’t make it work either

1 Like

Same problem here. Alpaca folks, please resolve this soon.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. No solution yet! Thanks for working it.

1 Like

Same issue. I noticed the account number on the 1099 form and the account number on my profile are different. Tried both but still didn’t work. I tried my ssn with and without dashes

2 Likes

Any updates , has anyone had luck getting it to work?

1 Like

No resolution. I prefer not to, but I wonder if we need to make some more noise to get an update or some help from Alpaca.

1 Like

Pinging @hitoshi for the importance of the problem. This is a required feature for all users filing taxes.

1 Like

@hitoshi we would really appreciate some help and guidance. For me this was a test year to see how the platform worked from trading to taxes. It is an unfortunate reality that Taxes is a product. Cheers!

I have this issue too. I try to download data to Turbotax with account ID and social security no. and get rejected. Also I looked up tax document but download button doesn’t work. This is outrageous and irresponsible on Alpaca’s part.

@bobjazz Not sure why you would have problems downloading any documents in your account. Could you send an email to our support team at support@alpaca.markets. Include the email which the account is listed under. They will be able to get you any of the available documents.

The question is not about being able to download docs from Account, its about being able to import from Turbotax ( a standard feature on Turbotax for almost all brokerages). This import is failing for me as well.

BTW thanks for the support email. Hope I get a reply.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Alpaca doesn’t support direct download/import into TurboTax currently. If it helps, the IRS recently changed the reporting requirements so most individuals do not need to list each transaction separately and can simply enter values from their form 1099-B. Check out the IRS documentation here to see if you qualify.

1 Like