Realized Gains/Losses Seems Incorrect in Account Statement Document

Environment
Windows using Python with PyCharm

Alpaca SDK Version
alpaca-trade-api = 2.1.0

Other Environment Details
Issue is found in the Accounts->Documents->Account Statement (for the given month)

Problem

Summary
I currently am allowing a program to buy/sell based on given triggers and its expected to only sell when making a profit. When reviewing the trades for a given month, it appears to only have gains and not losses. Upon reviewing the “Account Statement” provided by Alpaca, it shows that, for instance, realized gains of $150 and realized losses of $130. Does anyone know if this is calculated correctly or has noticed similar issues?

This is my first post so I am not sure if there is support via email/chat that I should be sending this request to.

Paper or Live Tradng?
Live Trading

Example Code
Not code related.

After further review of all the sell orders for the month and cross comparing with all buy orders for the last 4 months, none of the positions sold for a loss with 3 positions being older than 4 months. The total sells were 36 so the 3 would not have the impact of such a massive realized loss.

Does anyone know of the # to call for Alpaca support? I think I need to take this up with them.

@rpekarch We don’t offer Phone Support but you can write to support@alpaca.markets with the details of your issue and we will get back to you

1 Like

I can confirm that the figures were reversed (i.e. gain became loss, loss became gain) in Jan 2021 to Sep 2021. The two figures reversed back to correct in Sep 2021 to Dec 2021. The figures reversed and incorrect again in Jan 2022 to Apr 2022 so far. I wonder it’s a bug repeating every year.