Paper Accounts - Trades not showing on dashboard

I have attempted to use all of the examples, NONE work. I’ve searched and see that others had the same problem since Dec 2019. When I run the script, nothing happens. No stocks b/s, yet I get printed results that suggest that the transaction has processed. My dashboard is empty.

Someone suggested (for a related problem) that submitOrder needs to be used. However, some of the examples have it and they still do not work.

Is this still accurate?
try:
o = api.submit_order(
symbol=symbol, qty=‘100’, side=‘sell’,
type=‘limit’, time_in_force=‘day’,
market_price=str(quote.bid)

Thanks

Yeah, paper isn’t working. Now, I’m using an example from that algotrading site. Live works, but paper doesn’t. I guess I’ve find out if the Alpaca examples work after I transfer my DT funds. After the TSLA madness, I’m feeling extra risky. I need to break away from RH, ASAP. Hopefully, we can get paper working. LOL

UPDATE

For the tick_taker I modified the buy and sell lines from

o = api.submit_order(
                        symbol=symbol, qty='20', side='sell',
                        type='market', time_in_force='day',
                        limit_price=str(quote.bid)
                    )

to # Everything looks right, so we submit our sell at the bid
try:
o = api.submit_order(symbol=‘TSLA’,
qty=1, side=‘sell’, time_in_force=‘gtc’, type=‘limit’, market_price=str(quote.bid))

I also added this to the top and now it works. (THANK GOD)
api =tradeapi.REST(ALPACA_API_KEY, ALPACA_SECRET_KEY, base_url, api_version=“v2”)
def data_get(self, path, data=None):
base_url = get_data_url()
return self._request(
‘GET’, path, data, base_url=base_url, api_version=‘v2’
)

Now it connects, but there are not other issues + still no buys. Aside from what I mentioned, I have not made any changes to the source code. Does anyone have one that works?

Level change: 0 0 0 404.02 404.03 0.01

WARNING:root:code = 1006 (connection closed abnormally [internal]), no reason

ERROR:asyncio:Task exception was never retrieved

future: <Task finished name=‘Task-14’ coro=<StreamConn._ensure_ws() done, defined at /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/alpaca_trade_api/polygon/streamconn.py:112> exception=ConnectionError(‘Max Retries Exceeded’)>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/alpaca_trade_api/polygon/streamconn.py”, line 131, in _ensure_ws

raise ConnectionError(“Max Retries Exceeded”)

ConnectionError: Max Retries Exceeded