Erroneous Message: APPROVED Your application has been approved and you’ve successfully opened your account with Alpaca

Problem

Starting this morning, 5/4/2021, logging into the Alpaca web site, my live trading account which has been live trading for about a year now is displaying the following message: “approved APPROVED Your application has been approved and you’ve successfully opened your account with Alpaca Securities.”
This is quite annoying as it takes up quite a bit of screen space and it’s on every page on the site that I use.

Paper or Live Tradng?
Live trading API.

Example Code
`Example code is irrelevant as it’s the Alpaca trading web interface. I see this using Chrome and Firefox and both the Linux and Windows operating systems.

2 Likes

same here on my end…

This is a bug that’s currently being worked on by the Alpaca engineering team. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Not sure if its related to this. I’m currently being subjected to PDT rules that should only apply to less than 25k. I currently cannot close my position I just opened.

There is a current issue with the calculation of buying power and equity in live accounts. Our team is feverishly working to resolve it. There is timely updates on our status page Alpaca Status - Incorrect equity and day trading buying power

That may be the issue why the PDT rule is kicking in. This should be resolved very soon. If you still are having issues once that is resolved, please send an email to support@alpaca.markets, describe the issue, and include the email associated with your account.

1 Like

thanks for the updates i saw some bugs that nearly gave me a heart attack, this morning i was like 0_o