ACAT transfer out

Greetings,

I have a Streetbeat account via Alpaca and am looking to ACAT out my securities to Schwab or Fidelity.

I’ve seen a few posts with instructions about DTC 3856/Velox clearing/1PS + account number.

For Schwab –
Unfortunately, I tried looking for Alpaca and Velox as firms to initiate the transfer from, but neither are in the Schwab system… I also don’t quite see a way to enter a DTC number. Any tips for how to proceed?

I’ll give Schwab a call to research further, also…

For Fidelity –
I found both “Velox Clearing Llc” and “Alpaca Securities Llc” in their list of firms to ACAT from. Which one should I select?

Neither has a way to input DTC number, just the type of account and my account number…

Thanks!

Would appreciate any tips, @Allen_Alpaca or other employees

You will need to submit the ACAT request at the receiving firm. They need to submit the ACAT to Velox DTC #3856. You then need to give your account number as 1PS and then your nine digit Alpaca account number. 1PS will key Velox off that it is an Alpaca account.

For example, if your account number is 123456789

Give your account number at Velox as 1PS123456789

Thanks for responding, @Allen_Alpaca

For Schwab –
Unfortunately, I tried looking for Alpaca and Velox as firms to initiate the transfer from, but neither are in the Schwab system… I also don’t quite see a way to enter a DTC number. Any tips for how to proceed? I called Schwab and they said I would have to provide a mailing address for Velox to submit a manual transfer request…

For Fidelity –
I found both “Velox Clearing Llc” and “Alpaca Securities Llc” in their list of firms to ACAT from. Which one should I select?

Neither has an option to enter a “DTC” number…