Watchlist does not appear on Alpaca Web page

I am able to create a watchlist and add stock symbols to my watchlist successfully.
Through my C# code I am also able to retrieve my watchlist as expected, so creating and accessing is working 100% reliably. But when I goto my live account, I don’t see the watchlist, i always see blank watchlist and option to add stock symbol.

Any clue?

-DM

1 Like

I am not even seeing the Watchlist widget on my dashboard, but am able to POST(create) and GET my Watchlist. I think I clicked every link, any idea where it might be?

@mehtadharmesh, use the watchlist name Primary Watchlist. Try something like this snippet, which should add the symbol ‘AAPL’ to your browser’s watchlist:

t0 = 'AAPL'
wl = api.get_watchlist_by_name(watchlist_name='Primary Watchlist')
id = wl._raw['id']
wl = api.add_to_watchlist(watchlist_id=id, symbol=sym)

Looking at the url that the browser uses, the page doesn’t display all watchlists. Instead it calls an internal api url and uses the ‘get_watchilst_by_name’ function and passes an HTML value of Primary%20Watchlist.

https://app.alpaca.markets/internal/accounts/<account_id>/watchlists:by_name?name=Primary%20Watchlist

does it mean, I can’t have more than one watch list?
Watch list name is hardcoded to “Primary Watchlist”, user can’t give other name?
-DM

It doesn’t appear that the browser supports more than this single, hard-coded watch list named ‘Primary Watchlist’, unfortunately.

Even though I add stock symbols to the watchlist on the browser, I am not able to pull them from the v2 watchlist API…Any idea whats going on?

Hi MadTrader

What response do you receive when you submit a request to retrieve all watchlists?

Rahul