Unclear subscription type and limitations

I have subscripted to the “Stocks Unlimited” market subscription for 9.00$/month. However these days the only subscription pricing I can find is 99.00$/month, so what am I actually paying for? Because SIP streaming seems to not work and the data pulled does not differ to the free market data plan. I can’t find any information on the 9.00$/mo market data subscription, can someone explain it to me?

Is the data without delay?
Where does the data originally even come from?
SIP data streaming is available with the 9.00$/mo market data subscription?

Thanks!

I wonder why they keep silent on issues. Someone must be responsible for something.Smh.

I have the same issue. I’ve just subscribed to the $99 but do not get access to the market data

Hey :wave:

The price of the “unlimited” subscription was increased from $9 to $99 recently, but the subscription itself didn’t change. With it, you can access the latest SIP data without delay. Without it, you can not access the last 15 minutes of SIP data, only IEX.

Is the data without delay?

Yes.

Where does the data originally even come from?

See https://alpaca.markets/docs/api-references/market-data-api/stock-pricing-data/#data-sources :

• This Alpaca data feed is coming as direct feed from exchanges consolidated by the Securities Information Processors (SIPs). These link the U.S. markets by processing and consolidating all bid/ask quotes and trades from every trading venue into a single, easily consumed data feed.
  • We provide ultra low latency and high reliability as the data comes directly into Alpaca’s bare metal servers located in New Jersey sitting next to most of the market participants.

SIP data streaming is available with the 9.00$/mo market data subscription?

If you never canceled your $9 subscription then yes, it’s still available for you. But for new subscribers, the price is now $99.

@testing

I have the same issue. I’ve just subscribed to the $99 but do not get access to the market data

Here’s a minimal working example for accessing the live SIP stream:

$ websocat wss://stream.data.alpaca.markets/v2/sip
[{"T":"success","msg":"connected"}]
{"action":"auth","key":"<YOUR_KEY>","secret":"<YOUR_SECRET>"}
[{"T":"success","msg":"authenticated"}]
{"action":"subscribe","trades":["*"]}

It’s more convenient however to use one of our SDKs, e.g. GitHub - alpacahq/alpaca-py: The Official Python SDK for Alpaca API