Data still comes from IEX after subscribing unlimited plan

I have compared data retrieved before subscribing and after subscribing the unlimited plan, and it seems that there is no updating. I’ve refreshed the API key, and I’m using the API v2. Anyone knows how to handle this probelm?

I’m not 100% sure (as I’m still using the free subscription) but I think you need to specify the SIP feed when getting the data.

EDIT: having said that, the documentation suggests that this changes automatically:

Source: Historical data - Documentation | Alpaca

Sorry, don’t know what to tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Zstar Could you give an example of a request where you feel the data is not complete data when subscribed to the ‘Unlimited’ plan. Include your request and then the response/data you get back. Maybe describe why you feel it isn’t correct.

Also, what is the account number and/or email associated with the account? Direct message me if you wish. I can verify the subscription plan you have.

Thanks anyway. BTW, you mentioned in one earlier post that there was missing data in 1Min data. Has this problem solved?

For your reference, the data is still the same as before (Judging form the “volume” column).

I don’t know how to directly message you through this forum. However, if you could see my email in the forum, it is the same as my alpaca account. Thanks a lot!