Please support ALL market hours for after hours trading

Currently:

ALPACA TRADING HOURS:

Regular hours = 0930 - 1600 EST
Extended hours = 0900 - 0930 and 1600 - 1800 EST

NASDAQ TRADING HOURS:

Regular hours = 0930 - 1600 EST
Extended hours = 0400 - 0930 and 1600 - 1830 EST

IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL AND USEFUL IF ALPACA COULD ADD THE ADDITIONAL -5 HOURS AND +30 MINUTES.

PLEASE ADVISE WHEN THIS COULD BE IMPLEMENTED AND USERS PLEASE UPVOTE THIS FEATURE REQUEST IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT SOON.

5 Likes

Yes please dear god do this, I’m hunting a brokerage not a compromise on this and API access and if i find one fair warning I’ll bolt for that unicorn if someone else does it first- please the full set of hours, also am aware of the different rules governing then subsets of that full hours access…please do this, I am using better hours already elsewhere, at the cost of painfully reversing a proprietary API to develop if I choose that way…which has been enjoyable, I love numbers applied, markets and especially reverse engineering challenges but I did hope to fast track my self to being able to focus on executing mostly laid plans here, and I really do rely on ARCA a lot…thank you…hell I read their orderbook compulsively in regular hours for lack of proper l2 somewhere :smiley: this and options trading and I would probably move the majority of my money in, er also pls support multiple bank accounts …ahha i feel immediately demanding, yet the xhours trading lack of proper access really got me shook a bit when i read the caveats…overall though cheers and thank you for the api…
OP i would upvote and think i did, but i am not certain…cheers to you also

I second that feature. Really, it isn’t a feature. It is a neccessity. Look at what the NASDAQ leaders have been doing in the afterhours. I am about to bail, and go back to IB due to limited trading hours, and lack of trailing stop and bracket orders. Otherwise Alpaca is pretty cool. I am happy that I can use TradingView to interface, and I can’t with IB which is why I switched to Alpaca. But I have missed out on some great trades due to Alpaca’s severe limitations.

1 Like