No module named 'alpaca_trade_api'

Hi,
Obviously the first issue with alpaca. Using a pip(3) list command I have confirmation that it is installed and that …\apcaca_trade_api_init_.py does exist. I have tried installing the alpaca_trade_api-fixed module to no effect. I am running Python 3.10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Had the same problem when I first started using Alpaca.

It is probably the case that the Alpaca API is not being installed into your virtual environment.
It’s usually an easy fix, you just have to change the interpreter path to the directory to which pip is installing.

You can find the path to the interpreter by typing into the terminal/command prompt the following:

pip show alpaca-trade-api

The path to the installed interpreter should be under “location.”

Thank you for the swift response! That did the trick! Just had to manually copy the Python packages into the coda packages site.

1 Like

That certainly will do the trick as well! I’m glad to hear it helped.

Hi Jlanoue, I am currently having the same problem as you are, but I am new to coding and I don’t understand how you fixed your problem. Can you tell me exactly how you fixed your problem? Thank you for your response.

In my case, I have both anaconda and python. The pip install instruction would install the library to the python environment when I really needed the conda environment. You may have to copy/cut/paste files to approximately the locations below: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.10_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python310\site-packages
to
C:\Users\admin\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages
Best of Luck!