How to see/validate Account Holding when using a partner app (IndMoney)

I got my Alpaca account opened by IndMoney app to enable me to trade US securities from India. Recently, I purchased purchased some securities which I wanted to validate.

Can you let me know the process for same? I already created an alpaca account using the same email ID which indmoney has used on alpaca for my account but it seems it is not linked. Is there any way to link the alpaca broker account number which I see in Indmoney app to this account? Or any other way to validate the holdings from alpaca directly?

1 Like

I would also like to know this. Could someone help with this?

Found an answer to this here

@meanewone The answer above is correct. If you open an account with IndMoney (or any other of the Alpaca broker partners) then they are responsible for all account access and support. One cannot use the Alpaca APIs or dashboard to access an account unless it was opened directly with Alpaca. Behind the scenes, accounts are ‘keyed’ with an email plus the broker. For example if one opens an account directly with Alpaca, the account would be example@abc.com+alpaca. If one then opened an account with another broker partner, the account would be example@abc.com+other_broker_name. Internally, the two accounts are distinct.

1 Like

There is a possibiliity that indmoney platform is no longer available or goes bankrupt. Will our USA stocks holdings be accessed via alpaca in that case. All Indian stocks holdings and mutual fund holdings can be accessed via other apps in India too and data can be cross checked. Please ensure that investments done in US stocks markets via Indmoney platform be verified on your platforms too. This will be helpful in case of any disaster and for the sake of safety of capital of Indian investors.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
In the above example, how can I access the account with example@abc.com+other_broker_name.

@Jiwan_Ghosal It is not possible, either through the web portal or the APIs, to access accounts from other broker partners. Only direct Alpaca accounts can be accessed that way. Broker partner accounts must be accessed through their apps.