Enabling Crypto Trading

I’m from New York. Will i ever be allowed to trade Crypto via Alpaca interface?

2 Likes

Hi @SpyToTheSky, we are constantly working to broaden our crypto-trading eligibility criteria to include more states and countries; while we can’t provide specific timeframes on approvals, we invite you to follow us on Twitter (@AlpacaHQ) , or follow along on our official blog for the most up-to-date information as we continue to roll out updates.

1 Like

@SpyToTheSky please also feel free to test crypto trading in the paper environment as we work to roll-out additional states for live trading.

1 Like

I get “Your crypto trading balance : $0” in my paper account even though it has plenty of balance. Any thoughts how I can paper trade Cryptos?

2 Likes

Hi. Just curious what is preventing opening it to all states (since I can trade on other platforms like Gemini, Coinbase, etc). Is it a legal thing or just Alpaca’s way of ramping up? A timeline would be really ideal for those of us left out (personally from New Jersey).

1 Like

Hi @senvasn, if you’re seeing $0 crypto balance in your paper environment, you’ll need to reset the account’s balance before you can start trading.

1 Like

Hi @adamhenson, Alpaca needs the required state-level approvals before we can begin offering crypto in additional states. Unfortunately due to the nature of this process, there is no way to offer a timeline, however we will be notifying users in each state when they’re eligible to begin trading crypto. We also invite you to follow us on Twitter (@AlpacaHQ ), or follow along on our official blog for the most up-to-date information.

Hi,

Thank you for contributing! We have a dedicated discord focused solely on Crypto related queries with an active community and more engagement. Feel free to join via the invite link below;

Best,