Does Alpaca support crypto currency?

Can I buy and sell crypto with Alpaca??

3 Likes

Alpaca does not support crypto trading currently.

It’s been nearly a year. Have there been any updates to this?

@jessethouin still no change.

2 Likes

Hey all,

I am interested in the same question, does Alpaca have plans to include Crypto any time soon?

I have been working on an algorithm to trade crypto, just wondering if I should look to another service or if Alpaca will support Crypto in the near future.

Thanks,
Joe

1 Like

Algorithmic trading seems tough to do with securities if you don’t want to be labeled a PDT. Based on my limited knowledge, it seems that’s not an issue for trading crypto, which isn’t FINRA regulated. Really hope this is in the plans for Alpaca.

2 Likes

Bummer. I signed up hoping to trade Dogecoin and Bitcoin. What good is automated trading if it won’t be used for day trading?

Please consider allowing cryptocurrency trades.

1 Like

@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca is there a roadmap for Alpaca supporting cryptos? I’ve noticed Polygon.io is supporting a crypto api.

Ping here… May 1 2021, still no crypto trading through Alpaca. Is this ever coming?

i dont see why it would maybe otc over crypto

Crypto currency will be rolling out this year. Initially for accounts based in a limited number of states. More to come. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hi @Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca, thanks for the insight. Do you have the state list?
Also, will it parallel the current business model of commission-free structure & PFOF in equities?

How is the timeline progressing for crypto?

I can’t find a comparable alpaca REST api-first style crypto exchange.

Alternatively, do you know of any such api-first crypto exchanges? I am aware of REST apis for crypto exchanges that seem to focus mostly on their customer-facing apps.

If it helps, I fount that Smart POS system offers payment solutions for crypto. Did you look into that? My bitcoin is just 10x, and I would like to put in my profits. Will we get any official information?

Edited: I would like to add that u can use ico solutions to connect Alpha and exchange it for real currency. I found that the best (and my most favorite option) is to play SWC bitcoin poker and exchange winning for dollars.

Alternatively, do you know of any such api-first crypto exchanges? I am aware of REST apis for crypto exchanges that seem to focus mostly on their customer-facing apps.