Python 3.10.0

Alpaca SDK Version
alpaca-trade-api 1.4.1

Other Environment Details
Windows 10 Pro
PyCharm 2021.3.2 (Community Edition)

Problem

Summary
I cannot retrieve my LTCUSD position. I used my program to open a LTCUSD position successfully, but I cannot close or access the position. The same code works for other positions, e.g. AAPL, so this isn’t a problem with my account or the code I’ve written.

Paper or Live Trading?
Paper

Example Code
api.get_position(‘LTCUSD’)
or
api.close_position(‘LTCUSD’)
or
api.close_position('LTCUSD, 47)

Error messages
“requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://paper-api.alpaca.markets/v2/positions/LTCUSD

“alpaca_trade_api.rest.APIError: position not found: LTCUSD”

Proof of existing LTCUSD position:

Update: I also created a BCHUSD position and also cannot get/close it. Stocks seem to be fine. Is there a problem with the API at the moment?
@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca @mahmoud_alpaca @Abel_Alpaca @Gergely_Alpaca

Update 2: both my LTCUSD and BCHUSD positions show up when I use api.list_positions() so I don’t know why api.get_position('LTCUSD') and api.close_position('LTCUSD') are not working.

Update 3: I also cannot close the LCT/BCH positions via the web UI. Perhaps there is a larger problem with your crypto interface?

@maxks90 The same thing is happening to me. At the moment, I cannot liquidate LTCUSD from the UI or from the API. Earlier in the week, I was not able to liquidate ETHUSD. Something seems to be wrong with the cryptotrading. Might be tied to the various paper trading issues that people have been experiencing yesterday/today.

1 Like

I’m still getting this error. I can open and close new crypto orders, including LTC and BCH, but I still cannot close my existing LTC and BCH positions. It’s as though the positions do not exist, which is really concerning.

Looks like Alpaca is fixing it:

Can confirm: situation is now fixed :blush: