Not tradable, or inactive stocks

Hi,
My app picked up a number of ULBR a while back. When the app eventually went to sell the asset, I got an API error saying the stock is not tradable. I decided to wait several weeks to see if it “fixed” itself, but no luck. I notice I cannot even manually liquidate or create an or in the Alpaca UI. I get a message similar to:

Failed to liquidate position in ULBR
asset ULBR is not tradable

So my question is, how do I actually liquidate this stock? Am I forced to just ride it all the way to $0? Is it possible to transfer it to some other platform, and sell it there instead?

This is on a live trading account.

ULBR is still listed as inactive, but I have a number of shares. Does anyone have information on this?

I’m running into similar issues in paper account. Unless this is resolved I’m not sure I dare run this algorithm against live. Anybody has a solution?? Going to $0 is obviously not an acceptable way to handle.

@lostislandguy: OK, but I think there exists a deeper problem: In my case it was SILJ and CALX bought i.e. not inactive or pink slipped. Still not able to close out the positions the same day. Both assets are “tradeable” when I query.

Oh, and not hitting any day trading limits either.

@here. I just hit a similar issue. Alpaca rejected order to buy 1054: asset PLM is not tradable (error code 40010001). But PLM is coming back as tradeable.

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same issue. Has anyone figured out a resolution.

I have a similar issue with HZAC

Has anyone figured this out? I’m having this problem with MOSY now

There are a number of ways a stock can find itself being untradable. The two most common ways are 1) the stock was delisted or 2) the stock was part of a corporate action leaving it untradable. In most cases these stocks can be manually traded OTC or, if there isn’t any current value, simply removed from ones portfolio. To do this, simply check the X next to the position in one’s dashboard