I’ve created my fourth Python Trading Tutorial.
How to create a trading bot in Python (4) with backtesting (vectorBT), Moving Average, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Bollinger Bands, Money Flow Index, 8 Candlestick Patterns, and live paper-trading (Alpaca)
Here you can find this and previous tutorials at my site:
And there is a link to YouTube video.
Maybe it’ll be interesting for someone.
In this tutorial we’ll learn how to create a trading bot which might use 6 technical indicators and 8 candlestick patterns in its trading strategy:
- TREND INDICATORS: EMA (Exponential Moving Average), MACD (Moving Average Convergence Divergence) - MOMENTUM INDICATORS: RSI (Relative Strength Index), Stoch (Stochastic)
- VOLATILITY: BB (Bollinger Bands)
- VOLUME: MFI (Money Flow Index)
- BUY CANDLE PATTERNS: from 1 candle: Hammer, from 3 candles: Morning Star, 3 White Soldiers
- SELL CANDLE PATTERNS: from 1 candle: Shooting Star, from 3 candles: Evening Star, 3 Black Crows
- BUY - SELL CANDLE PATTERNS: from 2 candles: Engulfing Bullish / Bearish, from 3 candles: 3 Outside Up / Down
To make the bot run you will only need to change 2 lines of code with your keys to Alpaca.