New tutorial: How to create a trading bot in Python (4) with backtesting (vectorBT), Moving Average, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Bollinger Bands, Money Flow Index, 8 Candlestick Patterns, and live paper-trading (Alpaca)

I’ve created my fourth Python Trading Tutorial.

How to create a trading bot in Python (4) with backtesting (vectorBT), Moving Average, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Bollinger Bands, Money Flow Index, 8 Candlestick Patterns, and live paper-trading (Alpaca)

Here you can find this and previous tutorials at my site:
https://superai.pl/courses.html
And there is a link to YouTube video.

Maybe it’ll be interesting for someone.

In this tutorial we’ll learn how to create a trading bot which might use 6 technical indicators and 8 candlestick patterns in its trading strategy:

• TREND INDICATORS: EMA (Exponential Moving Average), MACD (Moving Average Convergence Divergence) - MOMENTUM INDICATORS: RSI (Relative Strength Index), Stoch (Stochastic)
  • VOLATILITY: BB (Bollinger Bands)
  • VOLUME: MFI (Money Flow Index)
  • BUY CANDLE PATTERNS: from 1 candle: Hammer, from 3 candles: Morning Star, 3 White Soldiers
  • SELL CANDLE PATTERNS: from 1 candle: Shooting Star, from 3 candles: Evening Star, 3 Black Crows
  • BUY - SELL CANDLE PATTERNS: from 2 candles: Engulfing Bullish / Bearish, from 3 candles: 3 Outside Up / Down
    To make the bot run you will only need to change 2 lines of code with your keys to Alpaca.
3 Likes

I’ve added easier to use version of this bot (requires 7 clicks to make it run) with 13 strategies tested.

The tutorial is ‘beginner friendly’, so you can see there at first:

• how to set up your computer environment for running the bot,
  • how to run the bot and test 13 trading strategies with no programming skills.
    And after that you can see more in depth explanation of what’s inside the bot and how to improve it.

At my site you can find link to the YouTube video and source code, because Alpaca doesn’t allow me to put it here (it’s flagged as spam), sorry.

I hope you’ll like it :slight_smile:

Yours,
SuperAI

1 Like