Increasing Requests per minutes / Data Limit | Multiple API Keys?

In the Alpaca API Documentation it says that you are limited to 200 requests per minute per API Key, Is this Implying if you want to get faster Request speed you should make more API Keys, or is this forbidden somewhere and I have overlooked it?

Another question I was asking was Data Limits On bars being limited to 1000, But I often only get 100-200 in response. Any Idea what is causing this? Is it possible my program is messing up halfway through on a null value response or is this the APIs doing?

1 Like

I am also interested in adding a 2nd API key under one account but do not see a mechanism to do so. Or an increase in allowed requests per minute to something like 400-500 with a relative increase in price for the larger plan for example.

Please respond to the original poster’s question.

The calls to the bars API are ‘unlimited’ if one is subscribed to the “Unlimited” data plan. However, calls to the Trading APIs such as orders etc, are limited to 200 calls/minute.

hello. how can we purchase a 2nd api key since there is a limit under one api key? i do not see a mechanism on the website.

1 Like

I would also find a second API key useful, as I have two CPUs that each need different markets in their own websocket connection.

hello, im following up to the followup of the followup on whether or not we can get multiple api keys. please see all above requests for details, thanks!

1 Like

hello, im following up to the followup of the followup of the followup on whether or not we can get multiple api keys. please see all above requests for details, thanks!

A simple “no you cant” or “this is coming soon” or “go away” would be great!

1 Like

Homer, I agree with your following up. It would be useful to know if there is something we can do, or if it is not possible.

Users are currently entitled to one account, which implies one API key. At the moment, we do not offer multiple API keys.

Kindly join our slack community to stay up to date on this Alpaca news, feature releases and community collaboration.

Thank you for following up, albeit it 1.5 years later. This helps those of us users that need more data to process under a single account, but are limited to the 200 api limit, determine if we need to pursue other methods elsewhere.