Flashing login page

I registered with Alpaca, but I am unable to sign into my account. I just get a flashing screen asking for my username and password. Can’ put in any data. Tried different browsers. Tried rebooting, but the login window keeps on just flashing.

Can anyone provide a fix? I was looking forward to using the Alpaca service.

Ken

2 Likes

no issue on my side…

@Kuldor Sorry to hear you are having issues logging into your Alpaca account. We haven’t been able to reproduce this error. Nothing seems amiss with the account. It more than likely is a browser, network configuration, or computer configuration issue. To troubleshoot, perhaps try to isolate those. It sounds like you tried different browsers. If you can, perhaps log into the internet via a cell phone hotspot. That will isolate your router and local network as a potential cause. Perhaps simply try logging in from your phone connected to cell (not wifi) as an alternative.

Sorry we couldn’t be more help. Perhaps others in the community have seen similar issues?

1 Like

I have tried two different browsers that are both completely up to date as well as using both my cellular hotspot and the wifi where I currently am without any change in the constantly refreshing login screen. I even looked how to disable auto refresh on chrome which did not help. This is a pretty terrible intro to your company. @Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I have tried firefox and edge using my ISP and I have tried chrome on my phone using cell data and they all just keep flashing. @Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca

2 Likes

I just signed up for an account today and I’m seeing the same issue. I am able to enter my username and password once and then the login screen seems to get stuck in a loop, refreshing repeatedly. I’ve tried clearing cookies and local storage and re-loading the page, but I see the same behavior. I’m using up to date versions of Chrome and Firefox. @Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca

Update Same issue in Safari (macOS)

@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca I’m also experiencing the same problem, just signing up today. After you put your cred in and click log in, the page keeps flashing and doesn’t take you anywhere. Tried with chromes, edge, and firefox. Tried both on windows and mac. I think it’s a server issue.

2 Likes

This problem is still happening as of 8-5-2021 9:44 cst.

1 Like

@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca At least five new users are hoping to get started using Alpaca and are blocked at first login.

@jeremy.brown If users have just signed up for a new account, then try to log in, and see a ‘flashing’ login screen, the problem can be an error when creating the account. If this fits your situation, please email the Alpaca support team at support@alpaca.markets. Mention you have a new account and see a flashing screen when logging in. Also include the email which is associated with the account. They should be able to fix it.

Unfortunately the fix is to delete the account. This then requires the user to signup again.

If it’s not a new account. Still send a support request but mention it’s not a new account. It may be a different issue.

@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca I emailed support@alpaca.markets. They removed my account. I signed up again and I’m still having the flashing login problem.

1 Like