Data APIv2 - Minute snapshot all tickers like in Polygon

In Polygon it is possible to get the real time last minute snapshot of all tickers (about 9000) using the endpoint
https://api.polygon.io/v2/snapshot/locale/us/markets/stocks/tickers

From the docs:

That would be EXTREMELY helpful in Alpaca Data API as well…

Thank you

5 Likes

I agree. It is extremely useful, and fast.

That snapshot API might be the reason to subscribe for polygon data. 200$ is huge . But it is reliable and fast.

I concur, for me it’s the primary use case for my interest in Alpaca, a true must have, thanks!

WE ALL NEED THIS! Would be an awesome feature to add, plus make Alpaca even more competitive with other developmental brokerages.

@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca any update on the snapshot API call?

Snapshot is here! You need to specify which symbols you want to get data for but you can submit a list of symbols. Check out the documentation here. It’s also implemented in the lates python SDK too.

2 Likes

Implemented the snapshot feature. ITS FAST. One thing I noticed though, TODAY, 5/18 TUESDAY is that the previous daily bar was filled in from FRIDAY 5/14 data and not as I had expected it to be, which would have been MONDAY. I was anticipating MONDAY 5/17 but I am assuming because the market has not yet started that is the case for that?

Now I had ran a postman GET pre-market, around 8:30AM EST this morning when noticing this and just wanted to get the technical story to make sure snapshots is working as storied.

@Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca In addition to my above post, any chance of including a parameter to snapshots like ‘todays_change_pct’ ??? This would be huge I am sure for many.