ACH Withdrawal to bank says complete but it is not

On Tuesday May 11 (4 business days ago) I initiated an ACH withdrawal from Alpaca to my bank account. It says it should take 2 to 3 business days but I have not received my money yet. I contacted Alpaca support and they said to reach out to my bank, but they do not see anything pending. Waiting for further response from support; please help!

FYI. Followed up with customer service and the issue was resolved.

Hi @Orthocopter,

Thank you for updating this one, this functionality is the important one for us, do you want to share more with us, it’s kind of a technical issue or just a timing issue? And do we have to contact their customer service whenever we withdrawal the money?

@finaldie Withdrawals can be initiated via the Alpaca web portal and do not generally need customer service interaction. As stated above it typically takes 2-3 business days for the funds to appear.

In this case, there was a system issue impacting several accounts where withdrawals appeared to have been initiated but actually were not. Once the Alpaca customer service team was aware of this, each of those withdrawals were fixed and the funds transferred.

A couple things to note, the bank information must be verified before funds can be withdrawn, This may take a day or so. Additionally, funds can only be withdrawn to the bank which funded the account. One cannot withdraw funds, for example, to a friends account.

Hope that helps?

Thank you so much @Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca ! Appreciated your help!