What happened to premarket/aftermarket bars?

@alpaca - I used to retrieve 1Min bar data from 0400 - 2000 hrs (EST) and now i am only getting bars from regular market hours. Has something changed in the API?

bump. Anyone???

Same problem, so double-bump. I’m using Python API.

bump. Running into the same issue.

@alpaca bump bump bump. Does the staff here even use the forums?

1 Like

I did get this from @Dan_Whitnable_Alpaca on the slack channel:

“Pre and post market trades and quotes are currently available for the v2 data using either REST or steaming. Only the aggregated bars are not yet available for v2. The Alpaca engineering team is hard at work getting this implemented and then backfilled. Should be available soon.”

2 Likes

Thanks FIRMCEO. At least they seem to be working on it. My v2 Aggregate bars previously included pre and post market so this data must have been withheld from the API.

Thanks, just what I was looking for.

Can someone from the alpaca team let me know how soon this issue will be fixed?

Hi All, sorry for the inconvenience. Premarket/aftermarket bars will be available by end of next week, I will update this thread once it’s fixed.

2 Likes

Is streaming of pre/after market bars also going to get fixed?

This is AWESOME NEWS!!!

@Abel_Alpaca I saw Alpaca Broker was released today (4/22). Can we expect premarket/aftermarket bars available today or tomorrow?

Hi All, premarket/aftermarket bars are now available! Please do let us know your feedback.

2 Likes

@Abel_Alpaca I seem to be getting the price updates but now I’m sporadically getting HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found errors that won’t go away no matter how many times I try to reconnect or reauthorize the api. I’m getting this for the alpaca data streaming client v2 only

@Franklin_Moormann A HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found typically implies there are too many connections per IP address. Currently there is a restriction of 10 concurrent connections per IP address. Could that be the case?

1 Like