So tired of the changes to the web site gui!

Most of the changes that you make to the web site gui seems to make it less usable…at least for me. Today’s change where you can only look at your gain / loss for the day on the Dashboard page and only as a % of total instead of in dollars is just plain ridiculous! You’ve taken something (gains on a particular part of my account) that I would do in my head in seconds to now require me to do it in several steps using a calculator. It’s fine that you removed the daily gain in dollars off of every page and only put it on one. But I have some long positions that I’m buy and holding and also some that I use a trading algorithm for. Before I could just quickly look at the gain for the day and subtract out the gains / losses for those buy and hold positions to get the dollar gain for my algorithm gains. Now I have to determine how many dollars the percentage change is referring to and then do the math. Please stop making changes that make your site less useful; you seem to do that a lot!

1 Like

Hello David. Mahmoud from the Product team here.

First of all thank you for your feedback. We are in the middle of a revamp that we are rolling out as we build it, and as such you may get served a version that might be different than a previous version. We are collecting feedback on decisions we take so we can provide the best trading experience.

I can see two action items for us here

1. be able to see your daily gain/loss in dollar for each position, in addition to points
  2. be able to see your overall portfolio gain/loss in dollar (and points) on different pages

Am i getting them right?

Best
Mahmoud

Mahmoud,

Thanks very much for this opportunity to directly provide feedback.

Regarding your two points below:

1. Yes, that’s perfect. You already have that on the Positions page…please don’t lose it.

2. Yes, that’s what was lost in the version that’s running today, portfolio gain / loss in dollars. The last version had this number at the top of multiple pages which does use a little extra traffic bandwidth where it may not be needed. Having it on just the Dashboard page is ok and I would understand only having it there. For me, personally, with how I do things, it’s better to have it on the Positions page. But that may only be for me and I’m ok with having to switch pages if you find that many users prefer things that way. Just need to have it expressed in dollars somewhere, not just as a percentage. (Affects the ROI calculation for the trading algo I’m running since the excess cash I’m not using and the two buy and hold positions aren’t considered to be part of the capital used by this algo.)

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Dave Carter

| mahmoud_alpaca
March 3 |

• | - |

Hello David. Mahmoud from the Product team here.

First of all thank you for your feedback. We are in the middle of a revamp that we are rolling out as we build it, and as such you may get served a version that might be different than a previous version. We are collecting feedback on decisions we take so we can provide the best trading experience.

I can see two action items for us here

1. be able to see your daily gain/loss in dollar for each position, in addition to points
  2. be able to see your overall portfolio gain/loss in dollar (and points) on different pages

Am i getting them right?

Best
Mahmoud