Is Alpaca Down Today?

It may be a common problem, but depending on the broker, they may be more adequately staffed to resolve issues faster and have infrastructure for redundancy. This is likely some growing pains for a small company but the end user is paying for their education. Over an hour into this problem and still blocked from placing/cancelling orders.

3 Likes

My trading seems to be working again

4 Likes

my orders are still blocked,

not sure if some of these orders are case sensitive, but there are differences between what Alpaca is using and what Tradingview is seeing. So if I go to cancel and order it may not identify if there is a difference and the ID tags are case sensitive. Not sure if these have any personal information attached so I “x’ed” the last 5 digits but you can still see what is happening.

from tradingview 6cd44c52-3c79-43ca-B376-B14acf0XXXXX
from Alpaca 6cd44c52-3c79-43ca-b376-b14acf0XXXXX

from tradingview Bd1c35fd-5a5e-4113-A19b-6558ab5XXXXX
from Alpaca bd1c35fd-5a5e-4113-a19b-6558ab5XXXXX

2 Likes

the case sensitive order tag is not a thing…

some function came back, so I can buy and sell other tickers, including RIOT but the inability to cancel previous orders leaves me trapped in this trade since 9:36/9:37 EST when the initial orders went in. Need a resolution for these pending cancelled orders that never got out of pending status

3 Likes

I also have some orders that are in “pending_cancel” status since morning. Have no idea where i stand on those.

1 Like

Status page says all systems go, but I’m still holding the bag with a pending cancel order? Can’t liquidate position from Alpaca or Tradingview interface.

I assume the pending cancelled orders get cleared at the end of the day?

This is an old one but captures the spirit of the experience…

2 Likes

FYI, finally able to exit my positions

1 Like