I see $1 charged for transaction

I was having $100.05 in my account today.

I bought 6 shares of SSBI for $92.34 today 2 minutes before market closing.

The market value at closing was $92.16

Having made 0.2% loss on this transaction my total Equity should have been $99.87 but it was $98.85 at the end of the day. Please explain the $1 difference.

Not enough information to tell for sure, just from this text. But it probably has to do with the Bid / Ask spread. If you’re trading a security that has a large Bid / Ask spread, you have to pay a premium of the spread in order to fill an order.

The idea behind it is: you have to buy it from someone who wants to sell it. And if you want to make an order and get a quick fill, you will have to met the seller at their asking price. The shown value on the market (that you saw) is the mid-point between the lowest Bid and the highest Ask. That means that $1 you saw as “lost” wasn’t actually lost. Just a natural byproduct of a live marketplace.

Is it possible for something like this to exceed 1.2 times the stock value? I am trading paper and one of the orders triggered at 1.2 times the high for the day the order was filled. This lead to an immediate reduction of value to 079% of the buy price.

I have never had this issue when trading on another platform.