Does anyone Track their Portfolio with another Application?

Thanks to Xavier for providing this google sheet.

It’s really an easy way to analyze the the portfolio and find out the low- and highperformer in a certain period.

It’s also working with share quantity less than one (fractional), Only the cell formatting is rounded to an integer. The value by self it is correct.

Regards
Daniel

1 Like

Thanks Daniel.

Happy to see that it is useful to you too.

Don’t hesitate to post any issues you may find / suggestions you might have (eg. I will change the formatting to show fractional shares better).

Xavier

@Xavier_Robitaille Xavier, happy 2022!

I am planning to reset my paper trading account to start fresh and accommodate fractional shares trading.

Can (should) I download reports/trade history from Feather before resetting my account? Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks,
Tif

1 Like

Hi Tif,

Happy NY 2022!

Depending on your needs, I see two relatively effortless options:

• If your paper trading history, pl, etc. is important to you I suggest you leave your current account as is and create a new one for your 2022 activity.

• If your paper trading history is not that important to you but you want to keep a trace just in case, you can download your transactions:
    Overview tab >> Transactions Grid >> Download button (right above the table header)).

• To reset your Feather Finance account go to:
    User Profile (menu @ top right) >> RESET MY ACCOUNT button

Thanks,
Xavier

There are couple of projects born for crypto that can be a starting point, unfornately most of this things is js and i know only a bit of python.

I gave a run to feather finance and i think is really nice !

Thanks @Riodda74 !

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions / suggestions.

Xavier

Just playing with it for now, a couple of random things that came to my mind are:

1. Group orders to create a single trade (like buy1 buy2 buy3 sell1 sell2 etc untill the asset goes to zero) to then check the performance of each single trade. Then add the possibility to add some notes to the trade such as (rumors, news, strategy that triggered the trade and so on).
  2. Add some kind of indicators like the sortino or sharpe to the portfolio

For the rest i really like it.
Thanks for make it free for privates !

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate it.

1. I like your idea to group the different fills coming from the same order. We are already planning on refactoring the “Transactions” table in the Overview page to improve the performance on portfolios with large numbers of transactions. I have added your suggestion to the specs for that “feature”.

2. Sharpe and Sortino are already underway. They should be available in a month or two.

Xavier

@Riodda74, note that you can already filter by symbol to analyze the performance of your trading on a given symbol:

You can also tag your trades with “strategy” labels and analyze the performance of different trading strategies (if filtering by symbol is too coarse for your analysis).

Yes, for people like me that trade on DCA grouping trades for each trade cycle is important to evaluate the performance of the strategy.
Thanks for considering my inputs, very much looking forward how the platform will evolve.

I had a look to the filter feature, but dealing with several buys is still hard to evaluate the trade cycle.
I have some trade cycles with hundreds buys were anything manual is really impractical.
But is nice feature anyway !

A little side note on filter, if i chose to filter by smbol for example in overview, then the filter is applyed sitewide (that’s fine) but i would add the possiblity to change the filter setting also in other views.

Thanks Xavier! Downloading transactions now and will then reset the account.

@Riodda74, you can tag the labels programatically ,by specifying a label when submitting orders to alpaca (via the client_order_id parameter of the v2/orders endpoint). The following video explains how to do it:

Thanks ! Was my next step to be implmented in my bot !

1 Like

Could you share the script? Where is the import link at tradervue?