C# api polygonStreamingClient problem

My application ran yesterday afternoon. Today the polygon client will no longer authenticate. Doesn’t even seem to time out. just hangs forever.

The following line never competes:
AuthStatus auth = await polygonStream.ConnectAndAuthenticateAsync();

I obtained new live and paper accounts and secrets. No change. I verified that I have not messed up the use of the new accounts and secrets. Also the previously running code with the previous accounts and secrets performed identically.

I was running alpaca.markets nuget package 5.0.0-alpha1. I attempted to update to 5.0.0-alpha5 and found that PolygonStreamingClient no longer contains the TradeReceived and a number of other data related events. They seem to have disappeared with alpha4.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks,
jeff

I’m experiencing the exact same issue, did you ever figure this out?

you experience the auth problem or the missing PolygonStreamingClient?

I solved the auth problem by modifying my code to use 5.0.0-alpha3 (well alpha1 initially). I think dropping back to the one of the 4.0.x and 4.1.x versions also worked. I used the latest version of whichever which still supported Polygon. My recollection is there was a version of all three where the auth wasn’t working, so i just tried versions until i found one that did.

The original reason for the post was I wanted to use the 5.x stuff, but wasn’t sure how much work i would have to do to use the new alpaca stuff. As it turns out, because Oleg didn’t change IhistoricalTrade moving up to the latest was pretty simple.

My biggest problem with moving to the 5.0.1-alpha1 was the change in how to register the callbacks. I was still using the original scheme where i registered the callback once for all the stocks I was tracking. In the new scheme the api registers the callback for each item. My problem was my original registration of the callback event handler some how zapped the api registration. When I removed my specific event registration and allowed the api to register the callback, everything worked as advertised.

Jeff

your good information and good question but i am not idea.