Can't get request (InvalidParameterException)

when I try to make a request

$ curl -X 'POST' \
  'http://localhost:8000/platform/signup' \
  -H 'accept: application/json' \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -d '{
  "email": "testing@test.com",
  "password": "password"
}'

it show this error
{"detail":"An error occurred (InvalidParameterException) when calling the SignUp operation: Attributes did not conform to the schema: email: The attribute is required\n"}
what should I do ??

@chatofking Hmmm, are trying to signup for an Alpaca account? The API request above isn’t an Alpaca request?

1 Like

yes it cognito but my userpool has already have require email attribute User pool attributes - Amazon Cognito Build Your Own Brokerage With FastAPI - Part 1
how do I signup with a email & password?

@chatofking The article you referenced is for a broker setting up their clients accounts. Is this what you are trying to do? Are you a broker or are you an individual trader?

1 Like

i test broker for user signup.

I try to add email attributes in the code but I got this error

{
  "detail": "Parameter validation failed:\nUnknown parameter in input: \"Email\", must be one of: ClientId, SecretHash, Username, Password, UserAttributes, ValidationData, AnalyticsMetadata, UserContextData, ClientMetadata"
}

what should I do??

@chatofking Do you have an account manager? The best way to get Broker API support is to work through them. Please feel free to post here in the forums but there aren’t many Broker API users interacting here.

1 Like